It’s Canada Day on Friday, and while we’re all looking forward to the festivities and the day off, your pet may not respond well to the fireworks. If the overhead light and noise upset your pet, here are a few things you can try to ease the situation:
- Tire your dog out during the day with a long walk or play in the park, so that they are more relaxed in the evening.
- Keep both dogs and cats indoors.
- Close the curtains or keep your pet in an interior room so they can’t see the flashes of light which may upset them.
- Close all windows and doors to minimize loud noise in the environment.
- Have a familiar person stay with your pet to calm them.
- Have routine noises in the house such as the TV or radio.
- If your pet has had previous issues with fireworks, medication may help. Please contact us for advice.