Last Thursday evening saw the first in our 2014 Client Class series, lead by Registered Veterinary Technicians, Andria and Yvonne. The evening’s topic was Oral Health in Cats and Dogs. Our Veterinary Technician team has lead this wonderful 45-60 minute seminar on dental health in pets many times, and it’s always popular and enjoyable. The evening covers :
- A review of common dental problems we see in our pets (tooth root abscesses, cavities in dogs, resorptive lesions in cats).
- The importance of good dental healthcare for your dog or cat.
- An outline of what happens during a dental procedure at Blue Cross Animal Hospital.
- Tips to keep your pets teeth clean and gums healthy at home.
- How to brush your pet’s teeth.
- A discussion of alternatives and supplements to brushing your pet’s teeth: Healthymouth, Dental Diets, Chews and Treats.
Participants go home with one of our Dental Goody Bags, which includes everything you need to get started on a home dental care program for your pet.
Hats off to all the participants who got to the clinic for this enjoyable evening despite some extremely severe weather. We know it was a challenge to get to us–we hope you found it worth while!
If you haven’t been to this Client Class, we highly recommend you check it out. It’s a great opportunity to ask questions and learn one-on-one from our amazing technicians everything you can do to help your pet live a longer healthier life through regular dental care. We have one more scheduled class this Thursday, February 27th. This class is filling quickly, but sign up, and if you don’t make it this time, we are taking names for a wait list for a March class, and we will let you know when that will be.