At long last, barring some lettering to go on the door (street numbers and hours), the new front of our hospital is complete. All access restrictions have been removed, although our policy remains that if for any reason, you need assistance accessing our services, do not hesitate to call us and make arrangements.
All of us at Blue Cross Animal Hospital would like to thank all of our clients so much for your patience with this process. We continually commented on the good nature with which all our wonderful clients adjusted to the inconvenience. Thank you so much!
Here’s a recap of the improvements:
- The overhead sign is better illuminated, making it easier to find the hospital on winter nights.
- You can’t see it in this picture, but there is a protruding banner above, making it easier to spot the clinic as you drive or walk along the street.
- The front door is now glass, allowing people to see if there is another person or pet on the other side before they open the door.
- There is a new window beside the front door, making the reception area brighter.
- The windows are slightly tinted, keeping the waiting room much cooler on hot sunny days.
- There is an overhead awning, again to shade the waiting room and keep it cool in the sun.
- There is an additional panel of illuminated informational signage, highlighting our current programs, such as seasonal health issues, new treatment options and client classes.
We expect to be commencing with improving the reception area shortly after the holidays. We don’t anticipate that this work will create any access restrictions, but we will let you know through all of our channels if it does.