COVID-19 Procedures Update June 15th: We’re Expanding Our Hours
As we inch back to a new normal in Toronto, we are expanding our hours to be closer to our normal operating times, as well as re-starting 4DX testing on Saturdays.
As of June 15th
- We are expanding our hours almost back to our pre-COVID schedule. We are now open:
- Monday: 8am-7pm
- Tuesday: 8am-7pm
- Wednesday: 8am-5pm
- Thursday: 8am-7pm
- Friday: 8am-7pm
- Saturday: 9am-5pm
- To continue to keep our teams and our clients safe we are continuing to have pets-only appointments for the time being. You will call when you arrive for your appointment and your pet will be brought into the building by one of our team. Your veterinarian will discuss the examination, needed vaccines, and bloodwork with you over the phone.
- Given that we need to continue with social distancing measures for our team within the building, we will be booking a limited number of Wellness Visits a day. Please be understanding if we can’t accommodate you the day you call to book.
- All dogs should now be on heartworm prevention. Please make an appointment to have a 4DX test done and pick up your preventive.
- We recommend that all dogs that are coming in for their annual exam have their 4DX test for tick-borne diseases done at the time of the exam. For any pets who aren’t due for an annual visit, we are now booking 4DX tests on Saturdays.
We are working on changing our procedures and facility to allow you to accompany your pet into the building as soon as it is safe to do so. We will be setting up appropriate protections and social distancing within the hospital, as well as asking you to wear a mask at all times. Safety for all is still our main concern. We will keep you informed as things change.
When you arrive for your pet’s appointment, stand behind our sidewalk sign and call the front desk extension number posted on our window to alert our staff that you have arrived.
If you have a cat in a carrier, our staff will instruct you to place your cat in front of the door, within the taped rectangle on the ground. If you have a dog, our staff will instruct you to attach them to the leash hooked to our front door.
Once your pet is safely secured, please step back behind the sidewalk sign. At that point, a staff member will retrieve your pet for their appointment.
Please note that you may receive a call from a blocked number due to limited phone lines.
Once your pet’s appointment has finished, we will notify you to wait in front of the clinic, behind the sidewalk sign. You will wait until our staff is safely inside the clinic until you move forward to receive your pet.
Placing Medication and Food Orders
Please continue to place your medication and food orders by leaving a message with your name, your pet’s name, the medication or food you need, and a phone number you can be reached at on our medication and food order line.
We ask that you allow at least 3-5 business days for all orders to be prepared. Please, do not leave your orders to the last minute or until your pet has one dose of their medication left.
Note that many food products are currently on backorder, due to the large number of orders our supplier is receiving. If your pets’ food is on backorder, one of our vets would be happy to recommend an alternative food.
Many of our clients are also signing up for our Webstore to receive home deliveries. This is a great option as you are able to maintain social distancing. Keep in mind your orders may take longer to arrive as demand is high and shipping is taking longer than usual, and make sure to place your order ahead of when you need it.
All dogs should now be starting flea and/or tick preventives. Please feel free to leave a message on our prescription request line if you need to request more medication.
Picking up Medication or Food Orders
We are currently scheduling appointments for ALL pickups to avoid traffic outside the clinic.
If you have been notified that your order is ready, please call ahead to schedule a pickup appointment with reception. When you arrive, stand behind our sidewalk sign to maintain a safe distance from the front door. Call the front desk extension posted on the window to alert our staff that you have arrived. A team member will place your order outside our door. Once the team member is safely inside the clinic, you may retrieve your order. Please do NOT rush towards the door while a team member is outside.
Methods of Payment
For the safety of both you and our staff, we are currently taking contactless payments over the phone, in the form of a credit card number, or online payments using e-transfers.