We’re very excited to announce that this weekend we are starting the refurbishment of our waiting room area. We anticipate that this work will take a few weeks to be completed. During that time, we don’t anticipate any accessibility restrictions, but we will keep you advised. Once again we ask for your patience with the inevitable disruption. We’ve had amazing positive feedback on the facelift of the front of the hospital, and we hope that when we are done, you’ll be just as impressed with the new interior changes.
Here’s a quick rundown on what we’re doing and why:
- The benches are coming back!! Their return was always planned, but we’ve been re-assured by heartfelt client feedback that they are missed, and their return will be welcome:-).
- There will be a new integrated, repositioned check-in and check-out desk. This new desk will have better work areas for our client care team, smoothing traffic flow and facilitating quick payment.
- We are building in a “retail corner” that will make food and small pet products more readily accessible.
- We are building in a “Cat Parking” area. This will be a counter where you can put your cat (in the carrier) where they can still see you, but they are up out of the way of foot traffic or curious dogs who may intimidate them.
- There will be a new flat panel display in the waiting area, to entertain and inform you during your short waits in the hospital. We will be programming this panel to show pet health care information, how-tos and tips, lost pet ads, and clinic information, promotions and updates.
- We are replacing the flooring from the front door all the way through the clinic as far back as the kennel area, including the exam rooms and washroom. The flooring in all these areas is severely worn, and needs replacing.
- There will also be improved heating and ventilation in the waiting area.
- We are dramatically improving the lighting, for safety, comfort and ease of examination in the waiting area and exam rooms.
- As well, we are painting walls and ceilings throughout the clinic.